Landlord/Tenant rights -Illegal property entry

San Francisco, CA |

I live in a small complex. For routine maintenance inspections , landlord always calls me and leaves a message requesting access to the property ( no notice in writing is given).
For 'Emergency' situations he also calls me requesting immediate access to the apartment. He has called 7 times in 12 months requesting immediate access (Emergency) to the premises due to a small leak in the hallway.He claims that water might be leaking/coming from inside the apt and that's why the carpet in the hallway gets wet. No leaks have been found inside my apt so far.Their plumber has checked the hallway as well as the apts above mine.The 'small leaks' comes and goes.
They still can't figure it out after 12 mths.Can we considered this a true emergency? Can I sue mgmt for harrasment? They own the property

Be glad the LL is interested in maintaining the property. This site is full of tenants wanting to cancel their lease because the LL ignores the property.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise. When answering questions on AVVO, attorneys are prohibited from directly soliciting business. Don't take this as an indication of lack of interest. Follow my answers to other questions on Twitter @LandLawyer James S. Tupitza 212 West Gay Street West Chester, PA 19380 610-696-2600

I don't see it as harassment. There is an ongoing problem and they have been unable to find it or completely fix it. It might not be a true emergency all the time, but if there is a leak, that could be considered an emergency.

Recommended articles about Real estate