Landlord/tenant personal injury lawsuit

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

if your landlord tries to retaliate and make false allegations after you complain to HPD gets them a violation and you have proof, what type of money can you sue for like the maximum for personal injury someone causes them trying to evict for no good reason?

this has made my depression/anxiety worse to the point my meds are higher, I was hospitalized for a day, and I now have to take sleeping pills and another heart medicine to sleep

1. Jeffrey Marc Cooper

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'm not exactly sure what you are claiming for damages, but without a physical component to the claim you may be relegated to a specific type of case such as negligent infliction of emotional distress or perhaps a libel or slander case. Not that easy to establish damages in these kinds of cases. I would talk to a NY lawyer well-versed in the area of NY landlord / tenant law. If they think you have a viable claim, maybe they will agree to handle or refer you to someone who will.

2. Steven Warren Smollens

3

1

Answered . Dear landlord and tenant personal injury lawsuit?

You did not describe a state of facts that could support a personal injury lawsuit. Retaliation and false allegations are not claims for a personal injury suit. Trying to evict you without a good reason is not a personal injury.

Pro

4

1

Answered . No lawyer can put a number on a case from a short Avvo posting. Call a local landlord tenant lawyer to discuss the possible remedies.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

2

1

Answered . This is not personal injury. At best it would be a defense to an eviction proceeding.