Landlord/tenant personal injury lawsuit

New York, NY |

if your landlord tries to retaliate and make false allegations after you complain to HPD gets them a violation and you have proof, what type of money can you sue for like the maximum for personal injury someone causes them trying to evict for no good reason?

this has made my depression/anxiety worse to the point my meds are higher, I was hospitalized for a day, and I now have to take sleeping pills and another heart medicine to sleep

I'm not exactly sure what you are claiming for damages, but without a physical component to the claim you may be relegated to a specific type of case such as negligent infliction of emotional distress or perhaps a libel or slander case. Not that easy to establish damages in these kinds of cases. I would talk to a NY lawyer well-versed in the area of NY landlord / tenant law. If they think you have a viable claim, maybe they will agree to handle or refer you to someone who will.

2. No lawyer can put a number on a case from a short Avvo posting. Call a local landlord tenant lawyer to discuss the possible remedies.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. Dear landlord and tenant personal injury lawsuit?

You did not describe a state of facts that could support a personal injury lawsuit. Retaliation and false allegations are not claims for a personal injury suit. Trying to evict you without a good reason is not a personal injury.

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

4. This is not personal injury. At best it would be a defense to an eviction proceeding.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

Landlord-tenant law topics