Landlord tenant laws in Indiana

Asked about 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

I just moved here from Washington State and need to find the landlord tenant laws for Indiana. When I rented this home I was assured that the house was fully fenced (a deal breaker) and that all appliances were new. When I got here the fridge did not work at all and the dryer takes 3 hours to dry a load of clothes. They are telling me I have to pay $50 to have each item repaired and the yard, which is on a pond is not fully fenced...there are 2 side fences but not across the back. Need to know what I can do.

1. Timothy Alan Coe

Answered . The first thing to do is go talk to a local attorney and bring your lease with you. This type of public forum is good for general questions, but your lease is going to be the first thing to look at when determining what your options are, and not having the ability to review the lease is a major detriment to us. You can use the find a lawyer function on avvo to try to find a local attorney.