Landlord-Tenant-Eviction How to use "email" and "text messages" as evidence in eviction

Naples, FL |

I have email correspondences and text messages with tenants to prove. What should I do in order to introduce email and text message in eviction litigation?
Can these used in summary judgment proceeding?
thanks

These days lot of people use emails and text messages. I'd think there's got to be a case law, AT LEAST, to introduce emails and text messages as evidences. I know you can hire computer specialist to state emails are genuine. Would my sworn statement enough to introduce in summary judgement of eviction case? Thanks

There are several ways to introduce such evidence. There are also several objections to such evidence. It depends on a variety of factors. Is it an admission against interest? Regularly kept business record? Rather than go over the evidence code, it would be easier for you to contact an attorney and discuss the case with an attorney.

Once you go to court and improperly introduce the evidence, if the judge rules against you, then you will have to start all over again, and your tenants will get another month or two of rent-free living!!

Albert Batista is a member of the Florida Bar since 1988. Call 239-272-9327 to make an appointment for a free consultation. Attorney Batista provides answers to these legal questions for educational and informational purposes only, and not as a substitute for an in-person meeting with an attorney. No attorney-client relationship is created by this generic legal answer. If you would like to consult with an attorney, please feel free to call or email me to set up an appointment, or contact any of the attorneys in your area.

It is simply email and text messages between me and tenants. They will deny because emails contradicts their argument that they gave notice and we failed to fix. I do not have lawyer. if any lawyer can provide some guidance, I will do research. thanks

Landlord-tenant topics