Landlord/tenant confidentiality, TX

Abilene, TX |

My landlord went to several people in my apartment complex and told them I was behind $1000.00 and I was going to be evicted. He also told fellow tenants my monthly income. I was at a neighbors apartment in the complex, and he came over and spoke about my financial situation and eviction in front of her without regards to my privacy. Is this legal? If not what can I do about it?

1. Texas recognizes a few different types of 'invasion of privacy' claims. Your situation may fall into one of them, by way of public disclosure of 'embarrassing' private information. You should speak with an attorney in your area so that you can discuss (privately) the specifics of your situation and what information has been disclosed. An experienced attorney should be able to give you some particularized guidance on your situation.

Nothing in this is answer should be construed as legal advice. Neither the answer, nor its particular contents, is intended to create an attorney-client relationship between the person asking the question and Andrew R. Stubblefield or Coats | Rose, PC. The person asking the question should contact a licensed attorney in their area and solicit actual legal advice based upon the particular facts and circumstances underlying their issue.