Landlord/tenant confidentiality, TX

My landlord went to several people in my apartment complex and told them I was behind $1000.00 and I was going to be evicted. He also told fellow tenants my monthly income. I was at a neighbors apartment in the complex, and he came over and spoke about my financial situation and eviction in front of her without regards to my privacy. Is this legal? If not what can I do about it?

Abilene, TX -

Andrew Ryan Stubblefield

Andrew Ryan Stubblefield

Litigation Lawyer - Dallas, TX

Texas recognizes a few different types of 'invasion of privacy' claims. Your situation may fall into one of them, by way of public disclosure of 'embarrassing' private information. You should speak with an attorney in your area so that you can discuss (privately) the specifics of your situation and what information has been disclosed. An experienced attorney should be able to give you some particularized guidance on your situation.