Skip to main content

Landlord suspected that tenant is having drug activity and proved that tenant is using drugs what landlord can do about this?

Brooklyn, NY |

landlord source saying tenant is having drug activity and drug user.can landlord call the police

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If an individual believes there is criminal activity going on they have every right to file a complaint with the police



DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.


When you believe that there illegal drug activity in New York State, you can contact the District Attorney. If the District Attorney makes an arrest based upon drug use or drug sale, you can commence a Drug Holdover in Housing Court. A drug Holdover takes an expedited route and you can get a Trial much quicker, the warrant of eviction will issue much quicker and as a result you will evict the tenant much quicker.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer