Landlord sneaking in my rooms, touching, commenting, and checking the holes on the wall. Misdemeanor or felony?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I have noticed that my current landlord and her daughter come in my room for many times. I have set up a video camera to record what happens after I leave the room unattended. Mother and daughter came in my room couple times and touched my personal stuffs, commented how messy it is, and checked the holes on my room to set up their own plan to charge me when I move out.

Since I have a video record of both entering my room without a written notice, it will be an illegal entry (trespass). Can I sue them and put the charge of misdemeanor? If they get that charge, what kinds of disadvantages would they face?

Also, when I moved into this house, I have shared a story to her that may have threatened her unintentionally. Can she sue me for threatening her?
Thank you

1. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

5

Answered . This is a complex question as it has many issues attached to it. You do have right and some have been violated. Seek advise from a local attorney

2. Richard C Koman

4

Answered . misdemeanor but it will be treated as a civil matter. what are your damages? emotional distress. minimal. put a lock on your door.

3. Michael Ryan Juarez

4

Answered . All crimes are prosecuted by the district attorney. If you want you could file a claim for trespass with the police department. Make sure you provide a copy of your video.