Landlord selling home I'm renting, but people have been showing up without any notification/advance notice to me. Is this ok?

Seattle, WA |

Landlord decided to sell her home I'm renting. She also resides in home. Landlord informed me she would provide a contact to sign but when I kept following up with her she kept delaying. She did not inform me upon moving in she intended to sell the home. Now she will not provide me with a contract. Her real estate agent from Windermere informed me I would get 2 hours notice prior to showings. Her agent and she also had me clear out almost ALL of my things in boxes to make the home more presentable for sale. Have had people just show the home without any notification to me. I tried informing the landlord, but it has occurred on multiple occasions. Are these actions ok and what can I do about it? Also they installed a entry key box on the door. I did not sign anything for this, is this ok?

1. You are entitled to 24 hours notice prior to showings and you DO NOT have to clear your things from your rental. see section six of the statute RCW 59.18.150. So this is not OK it represents an abuse of the landlord's right of entry.See A lawyer on Monday to get written notice to the landlord and the agent.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

2. RCW 59.18.150 deals with landlord's right to inspect the premises, make necessary or agreed repairs, alterations, or improvements, supply necessary or agreed services, or exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, tenants, workers, or contractors. But it appears there are 2 separate notice periods!

* Landlord shall give the tenant at least TWO DAYS' written notice of his or her intent to enter and shall enter only at reasonable times.
    BUT THEN
    * The statute goes on to say that the tenant shall not unreasonably withhold consent to the landlord where the landlord has given at least ONE DAY"S notice of intent to enter to exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers or tenants. Of course, the showing of the unit cannot be "excessive" or "interfere with tenant's right of enjoyment."
    So, am I to understand...Two days in the case or repairs and inspections, but one day in the case of showing to Prospectives? Interesting...

Disclaimer: I am license to practice only in Washington. This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established. If your legal rights could be impacted by using this information, you are urged to seek legal counsel in your state.