Landlord's right to enter : how often landlord ( agent ) can inspect rental property without disturbing tenant's rights ?

Orlando, FL |

I am a landlord, and found tenant have criminal background. I want to put some clause to my agent to inspect property regularly. how often and what cause do I have to do this?
thanks

1. How regularly is a question of reasonableness on your part and quiet enjoyment with regard to the tenant and more facts are needed. You don't need cause to inspect only proper notice.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. I agree with my colleague that how often you can inspect your property is a matter of how reasonable your requests to inspect are and whether you have given adequate notice to your tenant. I recommend that you review Florida Statute 83.53 which addresses a landlord's access to the dwelling unit. Reasonable notice for the purpose of repair is interpreted as being at least 12 hours prior to entry and conducted between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 pm. The statute does allow entry at any time for the protection or preservation of the premises. If you suspect criminal activity, I suggest you notify the local police rather than confront your tenant.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information provided by this website is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be legal advice. Your use of this website, and/or the sending of information to the Fucillo Law Firm, P.L., does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please do not send us any confidential or privileged information until such time that an actual attorney/client relationship is actually established.

3. My two cents to the valuable information already provided would be to suggest instituting background checks when considering prospective tenants.

Mr. Vicary is licensed to practice law in Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Vicary strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.