Landlord's right to enter : how often landlord ( agent ) can inspect rental property without disturbing tenant's rights ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I am a landlord, and found tenant have criminal background. I want to put some clause to my agent to inspect property regularly. how often and what cause do I have to do this?
thanks

1. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

2

Answered . How regularly is a question of reasonableness on your part and quiet enjoyment with regard to the tenant and more facts are needed. You don't need cause to inspect only proper notice.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Edward J. Fucillo

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague that how often you can inspect your property is a matter of how reasonable your requests to inspect are and whether you have given adequate notice to your tenant. I recommend that you review Florida Statute 83.53 which addresses a landlord's access to the dwelling unit. Reasonable notice for the purpose of repair is interpreted as being at least 12 hours prior to entry and conducted between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 pm. The statute does allow entry at any time for the protection or preservation of the premises. If you suspect criminal activity, I suggest you notify the local police rather than confront your tenant.

3. Paul S Vicary

Answered . My two cents to the valuable information already provided would be to suggest instituting background checks when considering prospective tenants.