Landlord received foreclosure notice.

Philadelphia, PA |

My husband and I are renting a house and our landlord happens to live in Thailand. He only comes to the states every three months to handle is affairs. He just left and will not be back in the states until April 2009 and he just received a foreclosure notice letter from the bank! We can not reach him and we need to know what happens now. How long before the bank locks us out and will we still be able to get our things. We live in Philadelphia, PA

Your first step should be to contact the bank. Let them know that the owner is away and will not be back for several months. Also, make sure they understand that you are renting (and living in) the house. Then ask them what their time frame is. Even though you are not their customer, they may be willing to work with you.

Will this work well with a bank that itself does business mostly in another country? (such as Deutsche Bank)