Landlord is trying to illegally evict me.

Rochester, NY |

Legal aid has not called me back. I heard from the neighborhood group that there is a case open with the building inspector. I left a message for the building inspector. There is something fishy going on here and I need someone to help me on this.

1. Hire a landlord-tenant lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. I don't sdee a question here. Please post more details. Have you been served with any papers? What do you mean by "Landlord is trying to illegally evict me"? What has the building inspector have to do with an eviction?

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

3. Dear Rochester Tenant:

Your landlord breaking down the door is a crime, and so, you may make a complaint. You may hire an attorney to advocate your cause, and you may check with the local court to find out how you can stop your landlord from committing a crime.

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

4. What is your evidence of the landlord unlawfully evicting you? If the landlord wants possession of the property, there are appropriate legal steps for the landlord to follow.

If you have issues with the condition of the property, have you considered moving?

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.