Landlord is trying to illegally evict me.

Asked about 1 year ago - Rochester, NY

Legal aid has not called me back. I heard from the neighborhood group that there is a case open with the building inspector. I left a message for the building inspector. There is something fishy going on here and I need someone to help me on this.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . Hire a landlord-tenant lawyer.

2. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

3

Answered . I don't sdee a question here. Please post more details. Have you been served with any papers? What do you mean by "Landlord is trying to illegally evict me"? What has the building inspector have to do with an eviction?

3. Steven Warren Smollens

Answered . Dear Rochester Tenant:

Your landlord breaking down the door is a crime, and so, you may make a complaint. You may hire an attorney to advocate your cause, and you may check with the local court to find out how you can stop your landlord from committing a crime.

4. Michael C. Wild

Answered . What is your evidence of the landlord unlawfully evicting you? If the landlord wants possession of the property, there are appropriate legal steps for the landlord to follow.

If you have issues with the condition of the property, have you considered moving?

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.