Landlord entry w/o permission

Asked over 3 years ago - Highland Beach, FL

3 weeks into a 6 mo rental, the landlord agreed to provide an add'l living rm lamp - after telling me I needed it bec. my "eyes were 20 years older than hers." Her date for delivering the lamp is a day when I am not available and her reply is exactly as follows: "I have a key and can enter without you being there. I'd prefer to take care of it 1/15. As I'd mentioned before, there is no need for you to be at the condo."

1. Ian C. White

Answered . FL law allows a landlord to enter if giving you prior notice. Look at Florida Statute 83.53. Based on the facts you have given, I believe the landlord gave you proper notice to enter. Plus, you first requested the item from the landlord and the landlord is merely complying with your request. The only aspect of the entry that would not be proper is if they attempted to enter outside the hours of 7:30 a.m. or 8:00 p.m.