Landlord did not return the security deposit.

Scranton, PA |

Landlord has gone silent. We filed in small claims with the local Magistrate. The subpoena letters sent have been returned. The address is the same as where the tax bill has been sent, and paid. We found out who the landlord's agent is and agent claims non-communication with landlord, and he no longer represents the landlord. Magistrate says they cannot do anything else as letter have been return by post office. Besides potential mail fraud by landlord, how do we file a lien on the property?

1. Contact a local collections attorney

DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877

2. You should either contact a local attorney or, if you are going to try handling this on your own, you will probably need to petition the Court for alternative service.

If you liked my answer, please rate it "HELPFUL" or "BEST". Also, you can contact me for further detailed questions and answers at 412-904-5305. **DISCLAIMER** Michael I. Werner is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This answer is based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with an attorney prior to taking legal actions on your own.