Landlord did not return the security deposit.

Asked about 1 year ago - Scranton, PA

Landlord has gone silent. We filed in small claims with the local Magistrate. The subpoena letters sent have been returned. The address is the same as where the tax bill has been sent, and paid. We found out who the landlord's agent is and agent claims non-communication with landlord, and he no longer represents the landlord. Magistrate says they cannot do anything else as letter have been return by post office. Besides potential mail fraud by landlord, how do we file a lien on the property?

1. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

1

Answered . Contact a local collections attorney

2. Michael Ian Werner

Answered . You should either contact a local attorney or, if you are going to try handling this on your own, you will probably need to petition the Court for alternative service.