Labor and Employment Law for posting a work schedule

Bellevue, WA |

Hi, I was wondering what the law was for posting a work schedule? It's friday and my boss hasn't posted nexts weeks schedule that begins SUNDAY. I have heard that the law states you have to have it posted two weeks before hand and if thats the case then I would like to know! Thanks!

if your schedule is changed the day before your shift and im not availble at that time can i be repremanded for missing work

Unless you have a contract or collective bargaining agreement that requires your employer to post the work schedule in advance, your employer can wait until the last minute to post the schedule and, if she/he so desires can then change your work schedule at any time.

I work at JC Penneys in Visalia, CA and I filed a case with the EEOc because of Age discrimination because of work schedule and now the Employer will not post it at all showing the other employees hours. It seems they are covering their trails. Is that illegal? Jerry Ballard at