L2B filed for ASYLUM but got EAD from L2B

Asked 7 months ago - Somers, NY

I came here with my L1B and my wife L2B. I left the L1 sponsoring company already and my wife applied asylum me as jointly after and applied EAD from L2 at the same. The ASULUM case is still pending and waiting for interview. she got EAD from L2B after 4/5 months. I applied for EAD from asylum as soon as 150 days completed and got EAD but my wife didn't apply from asylum because she has got EAD from L2B with 2 years validity. Is this smart decision not to apply EAD from as asylum or is that EAD valid now or she should apply EAD from Asylum.

Can any company sponsor H1B or Green Card to L2B? Please suggest, what should we do in this situation?

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

3

Answered . Since she left the employer that sponsored the L visa, technically the EAD that was derived from that sponsorship became invalid. Therefore, she should reapply for her EAD based on the pending asylum case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Given that your wife is no longer in valid L-2 status due to your no longer being in valid L-1B status, the EAD she now holds has been invalidated by operation of law and can no longer used. She should apply for a new EAD based on your pending asylum application, as a prospective derivative asyleee.