L2 visa expired, COS denied, I-94 filed incorrectly so is still in date

Houma, LA |

I arrived on an L2 visa which expired, I filed a B2 visa which has just been denied.
However upon my arrive to the states the person dealing with our paperwork completed my families I-94s before my own, must not have checked my visa expiry and gave me the same expiry as my family, valid until some time in 2013.
Is this date valid or is it advised I ignore the date on my I94 as I intend to apply for an F visa....
TIA, just would like as much info as possible before I meet with my lawyer

1. Talk to a lawyer. Your B-2 denial cancelled out your I-94.

www.capriotti.com -- franco@capriotti.com -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association www.aila.org for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.

2. You need to speak with your lawyer as soon as possible.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

3. Admission to the US is not limited by the validity of the visa stamp in the passport.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.