L2 visa expired, COS denied, I-94 filed incorrectly so is still in date

Asked over 2 years ago - Houma, LA

I arrived on an L2 visa which expired, I filed a B2 visa which has just been denied.
However upon my arrive to the states the person dealing with our paperwork completed my families I-94s before my own, must not have checked my visa expiry and gave me the same expiry as my family, valid until some time in 2013.
Is this date valid or is it advised I ignore the date on my I94 as I intend to apply for an F visa....
TIA, just would like as much info as possible before I meet with my lawyer

1. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Talk to a lawyer. Your B-2 denial cancelled out your I-94.

2. Eugene J. Glicksman

Answered . You need to speak with your lawyer as soon as possible.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Admission to the US is not limited by the validity of the visa stamp in the passport.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.