L2 travel to abroad when L1 under extension and EAD status

Charlotte, NC |

My spouse(L1-B) and I(L2) have visas that are expired, L1 extension was applied and file number received, L2 extension was not filed as I have I-94 valid until 2014. If I(L2) travel abroad when L1 extension is still under process, will I be able to travel back to USA?

I have filed extension for my EAD(expired on same date as Visa). Does this application hold good if I travel abroad for more than 3months?

You will need a valid unexpired visa and passport to return to the US. You may obtain the visa at the US consulate abroad by present evidence of the approved L- extension, with other supporting documentation

919.225.3963
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Only after obtaining a new L-2 visa stamp in your passport.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Wait until approved then consulate process

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.