L2 EAD working after expiration.

Asked 6 months ago - San Jose, CA

My wife is working on L2-EAD which is expiring on May2014. I am on L1 and my visa and I94 expiring on May2014. I will apply for Extension for both L1 and L2 and assume that it will take for next 3-4 months to get the result
if we apply for her EAD extension also, Can she work without any hassle since its very difficult to leave the project in between. Please advise any suggestions. Meanwhile we are applying our H1B but it will be valid only from OCT1.

1. Alison Yew

Answered . If the L2 extension is approved before the current EAD expires, the newly approved L2 will enable your spouse to work.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . Working without EAD is unauthorized employment.

3. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

1

Answered . These are questions that should be posed to your employer's immigration attorney. If your employer does not have an immigration attorney, you should consider hiring your own.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on Avvo.com are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.
  4. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . The EAD application can be filed along with your wife's application to extend her L2 status. In turn, the application to extend her L2 status can be filed along with your employer's L1A petition. File soon (no more than 120 days prior for the EAD application, however), and hopefully the new EAD will be issued so that there is no gap in validity between the current EAD and new EAD. However, if the current EAD expires, your wife must discontinue her employment until the new EAD is issued. Consult with your current immigration attorney for case specific advice.