L2 EAD extension during L1 extension RFE

Asked 3 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

I have L2 visa with EAD on a full time employment. My spouse has L1B visa.
Our visa & I-94 expire on May 10 2014.
My EAD will also expire on May 10 2014.
Spouse company has applied for the L1/L2 extension in Feb 2014, but I didn't applied for EAD renewal with my I-539.
Got RFE on L1 extn last week, with response date June 15 2014.

My question:
Can I apply for EAD now while sending response for RFE in this week?
What are my options if we get L approval (may be with premium processing for RFE) & but NOT renewed EAD before May 10 2014?
Do I have to go back to home country till a decision on L1/L2/EAD is made or unpaid leave in USA
Can I work for the US employer from my home country?
Do USCIS issue EAD based on L visa extension receipt?
Or do I have to wait till L1/L2 extension is approved

1. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . Undoubtedly you already have an immigration attorney, and you should ask the attorney these questions.

2. Jagbir Singh Terkiana

1

1

Answered . It is possible for EAD to get approved without L-1 getting approved. Seen that happen several times. There is no harm in filing. You can stay in the country as long as your L-2 extension is timely filed and pending. You cannot however work till EAD approval. Good luck.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . You appear to be concerned about your lawful stay in the United States and wish to remain in the country legally. If that is in fact correct, delegate any of your issues to the counsel of record, as legally appropriate in this situation.