L2 EAD extension

Asked over 1 year ago - Marietta, GA

Can I work on L2 EAD when the USCIS website is saying the extension is approved/card in producton? Or i have to wait till the physical copy of L2 EAD is received.
My current EAD expires on 28th Jan'13. Can i continue to work or will be forced to take a break till the new EAD is received in mailbox?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You will have to take a break.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Sorry, you must have the actual plastic card in-hand.

    If it was recently approved, don't be surprised if it shows up before the 28th.

    Or, as Mr. Shusterman stated ... you may need to take a couple of days off.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You cannot continue without the new card but hopefully it will arrive before expiration of the old one

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  4. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I don't think you have to wait for the physical card.

    Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

    The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,242 answers this week

3,212 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,242 answers this week

3,212 attorneys answering