L2 EAD - Do i need to get new L2 EAD when L1 B visa is transferred to L1 A ?

Asked over 3 years ago - Smyrna, GA

My Visa/I-94 expires in Dec 2010. My wife's L2 visa is also valid till this date.

My company is planning to transfer my L1B to L1A before it expires. During this should I apply for my wife's EAD with the current visa or should I wait for the extension to happen.
My point is , do i need to spend another 400USD for EAD once my L1A is approved or will i be able to extend the EAD once she has it now?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your wife's status does not change, and therefore her EAD remains valid.

    The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,158 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,158 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering