L1B visa getting expired on 29th April 2013

Chicago, IL |

I am currently working with L1B visa for Company - A. My visa is getting expired on 29th April. As per recent developments no L1 extensions are going through at my current company. My company-A is not interested to file H1B for me.
I am keen to switch my job with H1B visa with another company-B.
How can I continue to work in US if my L1 extension gets rejected? Is it possible to obtain a working status in that scenario with H1B?

You can only be granted H-1B status as of October 1, 2013 and will have to maintain your status until then or leave the US upon the expiration of your current status. Filing an H-1B petition will not keep you in status. Moreover, time spent in L status will counted towards H-1B term.

2. If you find an H1b petitioner, they can file for you on April 1, 2013.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. Yes if employer B could file for you. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com