L1B visa Expired and L1A started process from US, can i stay in US?

Jersey City, NJ |

My L1B Visa expires on 22July2013, my company is filing L1A petition from US and asked me not to leave US until get a Confimation from USCIS can i stay in US without working during this time?

If you filed a timely application for change of status you can stay until there is a decision.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Thanks for the quick response, they are filing a new L1A instead of COS. What happens if i get a RFE can i stay during that time? If its get Reject can i reply from India? If its approved without I94, will this period of Stay is considered as Legal while my visa is pending?

A timely filed application for an extension allows you to remain in the US until USCIS makes a decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.