L1B to L2 and then L2 to H1B will the H1B clock since the COS from L2 to L1B or will it start from her initial L1B to L2

Asked 10 months ago - Detroit, MI

My wife was on her L1B visa in US from 2009 till Aug 2012, then she changed her status from L1 to L2 from sep 2012 to oct-2013 and changed L2 to H1B since nov 2013 . How long can she stay in H1B visa in US?

1. Marc Anthony Topoleski

Pro

Answered . Both the time your wife spent in L-1B status (2009 to Aug 2012) and H-1B status (Nov 2013 to present) will count towards her 6 year maximum period of H-1B eligibility.

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

Answered . I agree with Attorney Topoleski. The time spent in L1B status is combined with time spent in H1B status for a maximum of 6 years aggregate. To increase H1B status beyond 6 years, the employer should timely file a PERM application.