L1B to L2 and then L2 to H1B will the H1B clock since the COS from L2 to L1B or will it start from her initial L1B to L2

Detroit, MI |

My wife was on her L1B visa in US from 2009 till Aug 2012, then she changed her status from L1 to L2 from sep 2012 to oct-2013 and changed L2 to H1B since nov 2013 . How long can she stay in H1B visa in US?

Both the time your wife spent in L-1B status (2009 to Aug 2012) and H-1B status (Nov 2013 to present) will count towards her 6 year maximum period of H-1B eligibility.

Still have more questions? We would love to speak with you! Contact Ellis Porter at 248-519-9900 for specific legal advice and guidance from one of our attorneys. Please keep in mind that any information we provide in an Avvo response is general in nature and is not based on an analysis of the specific facts of your case. Our response to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship, but please feel free to contact us to discuss how we can start a working relationship with you.

I agree with Attorney Topoleski. The time spent in L1B status is combined with time spent in H1B status for a maximum of 6 years aggregate. To increase H1B status beyond 6 years, the employer should timely file a PERM application.

Recommended articles about Employment