L1B to L1a visa Type Conversion Denied, Fresh L1A Possible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

My employer processed L1B to L1 A visa type Conversion, unfortunately USCIS denied my petition. Currently I"m back in India and My Employer says, they cannot process fresh L1-A Visa for me as I"ve to wait for another year.

I need a legal answer..Am I legally eligible for fresh L1-A visa? or Have to wait for an year to process a new Visa

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . In USCIS eyes the answer was clearly "no" Your employer s requisite petition was denied, was is not?

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Your US employer is absolutely right: to be eligible for a "fresh" L-1A petition as a multinational manager/executive and and this be able to transfer back to the US subsidiary or affiliate company, you'll need to prove that you were employed for AT LEAST one (1) out of the immediately preceding 3 years in a managerial or executive position by the Hindustani "parent" company. Now this my friend, is the "legal" answer. They did not lie to you.. In fact, far from it.

Enjoy Hindustan for one year! You'll miss it when back here.. Time passes much too quickly..

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . If you have used all 7 years in L-1A you need to wait one full year outside the US. If you want to be eligible for a full years again in L-1A you need to wait one full year outside the us. Otherwise you do not need to wiat one full year.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com