L1B to L1a visa Type Conversion Denied, Fresh L1A Possible?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

My employer processed L1B to L1 A visa type Conversion, unfortunately USCIS denied my petition. Currently I"m back in India and My Employer says, they cannot process fresh L1-A Visa for me as I"ve to wait for another year.

I need a legal answer..Am I legally eligible for fresh L1-A visa? or Have to wait for an year to process a new Visa

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . In USCIS eyes the answer was clearly "no" Your employer s requisite petition was denied, was is not?

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your US employer is absolutely right: to be eligible for a "fresh" L-1A petition as a multinational manager/executive and and this be able to transfer back to the US subsidiary or affiliate company, you'll need to prove that you were employed for AT LEAST one (1) out of the immediately preceding 3 years in a managerial or executive position by the Hindustani "parent" company. Now this my friend, is the "legal" answer. They did not lie to you.. In fact, far from it.

    Enjoy Hindustan for one year! You'll miss it when back here.. Time passes much too quickly..

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Robert Louis Brown

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have used all 7 years in L-1A you need to wait one full year outside the US. If you want to be eligible for a full years again in L-1A you need to wait one full year outside the us. Otherwise you do not need to wiat one full year.


Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,065 answers this week

3,356 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,065 answers this week

3,356 attorneys answering