L1B to L1A conversion

Charlotte, NC |

I am currently on L1B. The following are my stay details in US:

Feb 2007- April 2007 – 2 months – In US, - as a Business Analyst

May 2007 - March 2008 - 13 Months in India as - Business Analyst

Apr-2008 – Jan-2010 – 23 Months in US – As a Sr.Business Analyst

Feb-2010 to Apr 2010 – 2 months in India – As a Sr.Business Analyst

Apr 2010 to May 2010 – 1 Month in US –As a Sr. Business Analyst

Jun 2010 – July 2011 – 13 months in India – As a Manager with 24 reportees

July 2011 to current – 21 months in US – As Manager with a 14 member offshore team

L1B due to extention in Jan’2014

I recently applied for conversion from L1B to L1A.

What are my chances?

1. Far too many questions for a free consultation in a forum such as this.

This question should be directed to the immigration lawyer who prepared and filed the L-1A petition on your behalf. Your "chances" directly depend on how well the case was prepared and presented & on USICS' good graces, if you will.

To qualify as an L-1A manager or executive the first requirement is for you to have been employed in an either managerial or executive position with the parent or affiliate co. overseas for at least 1 out of the 3 immediately preceding years.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You chances depend on the position being accepted as a managerial position by CIS. TH L1A does not require managerial or executive experience outside the US, You should have legal representation for this matter.

888.861.4414
    imigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

3. Depends on the full facts of the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.