L1B to L1 A visa to GC in EB1 category

Chicago, IL |

I came to US in L1B visa as a lead and in 2010 got promoted to Manager.My employer filed for L1B to L1 A conversion in 2014(my L1B was valid till 2014) and L1A got approved.Am i eligible for GC in EB1 category?.Also I have been outside the country for 7 months when I was on L1B visa.

1. You need a lawyer as your particular question calls for legal advice which can only be provided in person

2. You probably are eligible but a good assessment is done after considering the job requirements/ qualifications and duties with your resume in the background. So please have an assessment with an experienced counsel after providing all details. Best Wishes!

My answers are for general information only, NOT A legal advice because these are not tailored to your specific situation. Contact an Immigration Attorney if you need legal advice.

3. It is important that you give us all the facts.

What did the company's immigration lawyer say?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. You seem to qualify. Talk to your company and let them do the due diligence.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.