L1B to L1 A extension and conversion

Schenectady, NY |

My L1B is expiring on 31st march 2012. As I have started Managerial activities since last 11 months .I have 20 people in my team to whom i supervise . I had performed PM activities in India before coming to US 2 year back . Can I apply for L1 A now ?

2. what in case I apply for new L1A? will I have to go my country back .? I have heard the company can file a new L1A while the nominee is still working in USA. Once new L1A gets approved, the person can go to either of “Near Shore” country like canada or Maxico and get new visa stamped. is it true ?

sorry its expirying in 31st march 2013. Can anybody please answer my question.

All these case-specific question are better asked to the Company lawyer(s) in charge of preparing all these L applications. They are the ones who know your cases and the employers' business best; not us her on Avvo.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

If your visa expired March 31, 2012 you are already out of status. Check your information and consult with an immigration attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

sorry its 31st march 2013