L1b to h1b conversion

Chicago, IL |

My company filed my h1b in 2008 which got expired in 2010. then they filed L1b and currently I am on L1b. Now L1b's are not getting renewal. Can my company use old h1b petition to transfer my visa to h1b ?

You should be able to convert L1 to H1. This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney.

You get a total of 6 years in your combined L-1B + H-1B status.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

No you cannot use a H1 from 2010 to transfer. You are quota exempt and can file for a new H1. Will be able to start work after the H1 is approved. You should qualify for H1 till 2014, if you were on H1/L1 since 2008.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Once again, Ms. Gupta hit the nail squarely on its head.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com