Skip to main content

L1B RFE I94 Expired and H1B approved with COS

Royal Oak, MI |

Hello Experts,

I work for Employer A in L1B Visa and my I94 expires on 15-Sep-2013. I appplied for L1B Extension on Jun-18-2013 and got RFE.

I also applied for H1B through Employer B and it got approved. The document clearly says that My petition and Change of status is approved and has I94 with start date 01-oct-2013 to 17-jun-2016


1. Can i start working for Employer B from 1-0ct-2013 when my L1B Extension in RFE
and I94 expired from 15-SEP-2013.

2. If there is a option to start working for Employer B , and some decison is taken on L1B , will it be a problem for me to stay here and work for Employer B.

Please advice

'I94 expired on 15-sep -2013 and L1B in RFE , my stay from 16-sep-2013 to 30-sep-2013 is called ' period of stay authorized by General attorney "

Attorney Answers 3


I advise the only reasonable thing: since you pose excellent questions and your case requires consistent legal attention, you need to retain one competent immigration counsel to complete your objectives accordingly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Your employer's immigration attorney would be a better address for these questions. If they do not have one, suggest they hire one immediately. If they refuse, know - you need a new employer as this one would inevitably spell trouble for you eventually.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Talk to the lawyer for company B .... not a non-attorney in HR.

YOU didn't apply for anything, the two employers filed ... they own the L and H paperwork.

Do it right ... use the lawyer that the company hired.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics