L1B Processing Delay in Vermont

Asked over 2 years ago - Durham, NC

It has been 115 days since my L1B extension has been filed at Vermont Center. Till now it's showing initial review. The processing dates posted on the USCIS site in the last month was Dec 18th 2011 but this month they have taken the dates backward and now it is showing that they are processing Nov 24th 2011.

Does this mean that decision in my case will come after couple of months? Is this a usual scenario. Can I expect something in May 2012 from USCIS.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Reza Athari

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . The processing times are just estimate for average case. Noting set in stone.

    Reza Athari
    Attorney at Law
    Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law
    State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization

    Main office: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

    3365 Pepper Lane, Suite 102
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    Telephone: (702) 727-7777
    Fax: (702) 458-8508
    Toll free: (800) 565-2030

    Barstow, California
    Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

    309 East Mountain View Street, Suite 104
    Barstow, CA 92311
    Telephone: (760) 957-7220
    Fax: (760) 957-7396

    St. George, Utah
    Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

    1036 East Red Hills Parkway, Suite D
    St. George, UT 84770
    Telephone: (435) 656-1136
    Fax: (435) 656-1145

    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

    525 W 5300 S Suite 150
    Murray, UT 84123
    Telephone: (801) 262-LAW7
    Fax: (801) 281-9603
    If you have a SKYPE account, we may now video-conference or conduct a conference call on the computer from and to anywhere in the world for free. More information may be found at www.skype.com

  2. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can continue to work for the days that the extension allows. After that, you must stop working if not approved. You can discuss with your lawyer.

  3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Make an inquiry by calling the number listed in your respective notice. Be polite, take notes and pay attention. If confused seek an advice from an immigration attorney in your locale.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,686 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,686 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering