L1B Extension RFE and New H1

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

My L1B is expiring on sep 20th 2013. I filed for my extension and its in RFE. Another employer has filed my H1 this year and its in initial review. Since my l1 extension has landed in RFE will it affect my new H1 application that is also being processed in parallel

1. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . First of all 'you' didn't file anything ... the company that owns the L filed for an extension.

Hopefully the company that filed for the H, which they will 'own' .. didn't ask for a change of status.

You need to meet with a private lawyer to make sure that these 'dueling' papers don't end up with you having no visa.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Two different visas, two different processes. However, for USCIS to change your status to H-1B, you must be in valid status on September 30.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

Answered . The last approved application will stick. I hope both of your employers are informed of the double game.