L1b expiring feb 2013.i 140 aproved..i 485 pending ..PD28th august 2012..eb1c.should i extn my L1b or can i call uscis for case

my L1b is expiring in fabruary 2013..my Ead and i140 aprooved..i 485 is pending..Pd is 28th august 2012.Eb1c.shall i call uscis for ase status? or apply for l1b extention..online status is intial review..

Atlanta, GA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Keep renewing your L-1B, if possible, until the date that you are granted lawful permanent residence in the U.S.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Erik CJ Anderson

Erik CJ Anderson

Immigration Attorney - Herndon, VA

Under current USCIS policy, an employment based AOS applicant is permitted to legally remain in the US even if his/her L-1 visa expires. An AOS applicant is also permitted to work with a valid EAD card. That said, it is generally advisible to maintain the L-1 nonimmigrant ststaus during the pendency of the AOS process if possible.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with attorney Shusterman.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.