L1b expiring feb 2013.i 140 aproved..i 485 pending ..PD28th august 2012..eb1c.should i extn my L1b or can i call uscis for case

Atlanta, GA |

my L1b is expiring in fabruary 2013..my Ead and i140 aprooved..i 485 is pending..Pd is 28th august 2012.Eb1c.shall i call uscis for ase status? or apply for l1b extention..online status is intial review..

1. Under current USCIS policy, an employment based AOS applicant is permitted to legally remain in the US even if his/her L-1 visa expires. An AOS applicant is also permitted to work with a valid EAD card. That said, it is generally advisible to maintain the L-1 nonimmigrant ststaus during the pendency of the AOS process if possible.

2. Keep renewing your L-1B, if possible, until the date that you are granted lawful permanent residence in the U.S.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. I agree with attorney Shusterman.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.