L1a When I need to apply extension?

Santa Barbara, CA |

I have an L1a Visa.
The 797B say that Valid date from: 04/24/2012 to 04/23/2013.
The L1a Visa issued by the consulate say: Expiration date 10 May 2017
The I94 exp date is : 07/25/2015

When I need to apply for the ext?

Before your I-94 expires.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. I would apply at least 3-4 months before the I-94 expiration.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues. Apply three or four months before the I-94 expires.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.