L1A to H1B or any other option

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I am currently working in Dallas on a L1A visa from India.

I have a employer (investor) from Canada who wants to hire me in US. He will not file E2 for himself. Nor he has any active business in US, He has active business in Canada. He is planning to buy a business and hire me as a Manager.

What can be done to file H1b in this situation. Or is there any other option.

1. Stephen D. Berman

2

1

Answered . His company, once he has one, can hire you in an H1b field if you are qualified.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

1

Answered . Once he has a company, the company can sponsor you for an H1, assuming you otherwise qualify for the position and visa.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . As stated by my colleagues, it is possible, but it will be a very difficult case.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.