L1A to H1B or any other option

Dallas, TX |

I am currently working in Dallas on a L1A visa from India.

I have a employer (investor) from Canada who wants to hire me in US. He will not file E2 for himself. Nor he has any active business in US, He has active business in Canada. He is planning to buy a business and hire me as a Manager.

What can be done to file H1b in this situation. Or is there any other option.

1. His company, once he has one, can hire you in an H1b field if you are qualified.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Once he has a company, the company can sponsor you for an H1, assuming you otherwise qualify for the position and visa.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. As stated by my colleagues, it is possible, but it will be a very difficult case.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.