L1A to H1B or any other option

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I am currently working in Dallas on a L1A visa from India.

I have a employer (investor) from Canada who wants to hire me in US. He will not file E2 for himself. Nor he has any active business in US, He has active business in Canada. He is planning to buy a business and hire me as a Manager.

What can be done to file H1b in this situation. Or is there any other option.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stephen D. Berman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . His company, once he has one, can hire you in an H1b field if you are qualified.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Once he has a company, the company can sponsor you for an H1, assuming you otherwise qualify for the position and visa.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As stated by my colleagues, it is possible, but it will be a very difficult case.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,136 answers this week

2,898 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary