L1A to Green Card in EB1 category where Employer is not ready to Sponsor GC

Richfield, MN |
Filed under: Green cards

What is the chance for a L1A visa holder of 9 years experience ( 2 yr in USA ) to qualify for a EB1 category . Catch here is the original company which provided the L1A visa will not apply for GC . Can I apply for GC myself in EB1 category ? or Do I need to move to another company on H1 Visa can the new company file for GC under EB1 based on the previous 9 years exp of L1A status ?

for EB1C Multinational Manager or Executive

The I140, which is the document to sponsor someone for the EB! is an employer based petition. You must either have your current employer or a new employer sponsor you. You cannot 'sponsor' yourself for a 'green card' unless you own the company.

Extraordinary category is not for you.

EB1C would only be possible if your L-1A employer petitions you.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration