L1A Extension

Asked about 1 year ago - Lyndhurst, NJ

L1A was issued in Nov 2009 and expired in 2012 .Since I had the I94 given until March 2015 ,extension was not filed. I need to travel back for 2-3 weeks. What are my options? 1) Get the expired visa extended 2) Get a new petition and go for stamping at US consulate 3) Any other

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

Answered . Either option 1 or 2 but regardless you will have to go to the US consulate to get a visa stamped in your passport before reentering.

2. Aleksandra Michailov

2

Answered . Option 1 would be the most straightforward.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . To enter the US, you must have a valid visa stamp. To extend a visa stamp, there must be a valid underlying petition.

4. Cindy Medina

1

Answered . Where are you traveling back to? If you are traveling back from Canada or Mexico and have been gone for less than 30 days then you can rely on automatic visa revalidation. Otherwise you will need to apply for extension or apply for tourist visa.