L1 Visa- Indian firm- Majority Shareholder Definition?

Asked 9 months ago - Houston, TX

Hi
I have a Business in India with 40+ employees. Its a partnership between 6 people. I am a 25% shareholder, with one other partner as 25%, Rest of all are 12.5% partners. Am i consider the majority of shareholder? or do i need 26% shares for L1 visa?

1. Hector J. Lopez

1

Answered . You are not required to have any ownership at all to be eligible for an L-1A visa. You must however satisfy the "managerial/executive" definition. Hire a lawyer.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . As I mentioned in response to your other question ... you are asking all the wrong questions.

You don't want to be the majority owner if your goal is to enter the US as an L-1A.

Spend money talking to a US-licensed immigration attorney ... many of us use Skype.

3. Ajay Kumar Arora

Answered . The company in India and the company in the U.S. must have a qualifying relationship, which means that one company has a controlling interest over the other. Based on the ownership structure of the Indian Co. in your question, it is OK if you have zero equity in the U.S. company.

For case specific advice please consult with an immigration attorney. Contact info is in Avvo or at www.ailalawyer.com