L1 Visa- Indian firm- Majority Shareholder Definition?

Houston, TX |

Hi
I have a Business in India with 40+ employees. Its a partnership between 6 people. I am a 25% shareholder, with one other partner as 25%, Rest of all are 12.5% partners. Am i consider the majority of shareholder? or do i need 26% shares for L1 visa?

As I mentioned in response to your other question ... you are asking all the wrong questions.

You don't want to be the majority owner if your goal is to enter the US as an L-1A.

Spend money talking to a US-licensed immigration attorney ... many of us use Skype.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You are not required to have any ownership at all to be eligible for an L-1A visa. You must however satisfy the "managerial/executive" definition. Hire a lawyer.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and should not be relied as legal advice on your case. You may call my office at (832) 305-5382 to schedule a consultation if you require specific legal advice. Law Offices of Hector J. Lopez. 1201 South Shepherd Dr. Houston, TX 77019. www.hjlopezlaw.com

The company in India and the company in the U.S. must have a qualifying relationship, which means that one company has a controlling interest over the other. Based on the ownership structure of the Indian Co. in your question, it is OK if you have zero equity in the U.S. company.

For case specific advice please consult with an immigration attorney. Contact info is in Avvo or at www.ailalawyer.com