L1 to H1 conversion

San Jose, CA |

I'm currently in US with L1 B visa with Employer A. I have applied H1 through employer B and the H1 petition is in initial review status. Can I work with Employer A on L1 after H1 is approved after Oct 1, 2012. I'm planning not to use my H1 as of now. COS is also applied

1. Can you, at the same time,, have your cake and eat it too? Of course not.
    That is why the answer to your question is a flat and decisive "no".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague. Your status will become H-1B on/after 10/1/2012.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.