L1-B visa extension from USA

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

I am on L1B visa which is expiring in another month. I have I-94 for next 3 years . My husband have dependant L2 on my L1 -B . He was also here and going back to India . He needs to come back after 2 months . Since his L2 is also expiring in another month , so filing my L1-B extension from USA can help in any way? If my extension is approved , how he can go for his extension from India . I have no immediate plan to travel back.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

2

Answered . No extension is necessary. If your husband lacks a L-1B visa, he will need to apply for one in India.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

4

Answered . You are confused and need to talk to you employer's attorney. They would be the best place to direct your questions. You I-94 is the one that requires an extension when expires and before 5 years limit is reached. Since your is good for the "next 3 years" no extension is in the picture. I if you need to travel all you need to do is have your visa stamped again. Apply the same logic to your spouses situation and you will figure out the answer, I am sure.

3. Pradeek Susheelan

Pro

1

1

Answered . You say have a I-94 that is valid for the next three years, so what are you extending?