L1-B expiring in April , L2 visa application on fresh L1-A petition

Richmond, VA |

I'm currently in US and both my L1-B blanket petition and visa expires in April 2011, my I94 is valid till dec 2013. I have got my 'Fresh' L1-A blanket petition approved. Can I apply for L2 dependent visa for my wife based on new petition. Also, is it necessary for me to travel back home and be with her during visa interview as my I94 is still valid till dec 2013 and can I continue staying on I94 based on old L1B petition.
Also, what would be my wifes visa period

1. Your wife may apply for an L-2 visa based on your approved L-1 petition. You need not accompany her to her interview, but she will have to submit evidence of your marriage and your L-1 status at her interview and with her application. Her L-2 visa will have the same validity period as your current L-1 visa.
    Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.
    Law Offices of Seeta Nangia
    Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law
    Phone: (415) 273-9123
    Email: seeta@nangialaw.com
    Website: www.nangialaw.com

2. The period of her L-2 visa stamp will match the period of your current L-1A petition and I-94.