L1-B Expires soon. Chance of filing L1-A

Asked about 2 years ago - Woodland Hills, CA

My L1-B is getting Maxed out soon (March 2013). Assuming that my profile meets the L1-A criteria, how soon can I file my L1-A?

Can I go outside of US and file for a new L1-A , then stay for 2 more years?
or
Do I need to go out of the country for a whole year and come back with a new L1-A for a 7 year term?

1. Answered . Your employer should file before you I-94 expires.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

2. Answered . Your employer can file a visa petition to extend and change your status to L-1A if you have had at least six months managerial responsibilities and will continue to work in such capacity. The petition can be filed up to 6 months prior to the expiration of your current I-94. If you do not qualify for L-1A status in order to continue working for two more years, you will have to leave the US for one year in order to be eligible for a new L term.

3. Answered . I agree with my colleague. And I would consider filing the extension petition rather soon, since your max date is upcoming.