L1 approved - can I travel with existing B1 visa which is still valid

50009 |

I had L1A ( blanket approval) can I travel on my existing B1 Visa along my valid L1 papers and how long can I stay w/o L1 visa. Due to some urgency I am exploring options, as the visa slot booking is not available immediately, I am from India

1. This is not advisable, generally. You should consult with the company's immigration attorney before even departing the US with that plan in mind.

2. If you enter the US on a B1, you will need to amend your L1 if you want to work in the US on a L1 without going out of the country.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

3. You should avoid doing that. Talk to EMPLOYER'S immigration attorney to find alternative solution.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.