L1 and L2 work for the same employer

Asked over 2 years ago - Bentonville, AR

My spouse is working for an Indian MNC in the US on L1B. I am working in India for the same Indian MNC as my spouse. I have L2 EAD.
Is it legal to work for the same Indian MNC in the US on L2 EAD.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. I have had clients that did this.

    Ari Sauer
    The Immigration Answer Man
    Siskind Susser Law Firm
    Memphis, TN

    Disclaimer: The information here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon without first... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, why wouldn't it be?

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics

L-2 dependent visa

An L-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa granted to the spouse and/or unmarried children of an L-1 visa holder. They stay valid as long as the L-1 visa is valid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,059 answers this week

3,683 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,059 answers this week

3,683 attorneys answering