L-2 visa running out. What are my options?

Asked 4 months ago - Miami, FL

Hi, I am in the US on an L-2 visa, my wife is the L-1 holder and CEO of the business. After six years our visas will run out in Nov2014. Unfortunately our business failed in January 2014. While we still have the corporate entity there is no running business so we cannot use it to change to a Green Card, which had been our plan.

I may be able to get some new investment into the business. If that happens can I convert the L1 to another visa or Green Card before November?

Must I submit information about the company in my home country when I make the application for the Green Card? That relationship does not exist any more.

If I get a job in the meantime using my employment authorization can I convert that to a green card without leaving the country/re-applying for the job?

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . Your L-1 visa is not convertible to any other type of visa, however, in order to survey any other viable legal options you need to meet with an experienced counsel of your choice.