Ky statue of limitations on 4th & 14th amendment??

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

What is the statue of limitations on filing a lawsuit on amendments 4 and amendment 14 in the Commonwealth of Kentucky?

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

1

Answered . Depending on the specific and whether federal or state lawsuit, the statute of limitations is generally one year from the injury/tort. Time is not your friend. Contact an attorney ASAP to go over the documents and the facts.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . Civil rights cases usually have about a year, but you don't even say whom the defendant might be or what the case involves.

See a lawyer.

3. Mickey David Larson

2

Answered . Statute of limitations issues tend to be complicated, often too complicated for a forum like this. Generally speaking, your state's personal injury statute of limitations will govern a claim for personal injury. I'm not licensed to practice in Kentucky, but I believe the statute of limitations for personal injury claims there is one year from the date of accrual (in your case, probably from the date of the injury). If your claim is for something else, you'll need to provide more specific information in your post. I hope this helps. Take care.