Klonopin gave me bone loss ?? Case ?

Syracuse, NY |

Have had .7 fractured ribs in 2 years and now have ostiopenia

38 male been on 4 mg a day since 09 . Bmd scan shows bone loss, have had 7 fractured ribs, I have fractured right now, Dr said it odd the the fractures started soon after the klonopin . Osteoporosis isn't in my family, and. I had no problems before this. 4 mg a day is a lot for 150lb guy

1. You don't describe anything about yourself. Age? Sex? Length of time on the medication? etc. Need more info.

2. I agree with my colleague, we need more information before we can help you.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. You need to take your medical records and consult with an attorney familiar with these types of products liability claims. Ultimately, a medical professional will have to say there is a connection between the medication and your injuries. Time is not on your side to get those records and seek out an attorney in your area as soon as possible.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

4. As all of the other attorneys have suggested, here are some questions that would help: What other medications were you on? How long and what dosage was the Klonopin? Has any Dr linked up your fractures to the meds? age? any prior history or osteoporosis or bone problems?.... Please go see a products liability attorney in your area asap.

5. I agree with my colleagues. You may have a claim, it is hard to give a definite answer without more information. Contact a product's liability attorney to review your case. Most attorneys offer free consultations.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. This response does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. Thank you and good luck.

6. Have a defective drug lawyer in your state investigate.

7. I agree with my colleagues. Get copies of youe medical records and bring them to an experienced personal injury attorney in your area who handles these types of cases. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.