King County Property Tax assessment appeal

Asked almost 7 years ago - Seattle, WA

Are there lawyers who are experienced in managing property tax appeals in King County, Washington? I've been told there may be a former assessor who now does this for a living.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Derby Williamson


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . My best recommendation would be to to contact a local referral service such as the King County Bar Association's lawyer referral service line, (206) 267-7010. They might not be able to specifically direct you to someone that handles property tax appeals, but they should be able to give you several names of real estate attorneys that can help or refer you to someone who does work in that field. Good luck.

    PLEASE BE ADVISED: This Answer and any information contained herein is not intended to be treated, and should not be construed, as legal advice. Rather, this Answer is offered solely for general information purposes. This Answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it create any kind of legal relationship, duty, or privilege. This attorney is licensed only in Nevada and California.

Related Topics

Property tax assessment

A tax assessment is an estimate of the value of your home that is used to calculate your property taxes. They are performed by a specialist called an assessor.

Steven Jay Eisenstein

Chapter 123 Corridor

If a property tax assessment in New Jersey is not based on 100% of true value it will be based on a published ratio. By way of example if you own property in Newark and you receive a 2011... more

Challenging property tax assessment

You have the right to appeal a tax assessment if you believe it is wrong. Many assessor's offices have appeal forms or even online procedures to make it easy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,441 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,441 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering