Keeping my record clean, larseny!

Asked over 1 year ago - Derby, CT

In total an amount of 700 dollars was stolen from my workplace, and i have been caught, now im going to court, it is my first time ever being arrested or charged with anything, can i keep my record clean somehow? Having something like this on my record can really hurt my future. Guess i should have thought about it before i took the money.

1. Dominic Spinelli

3

Answered . First off, you should not be admitting to this on a public forum or discussing the matter with anyone other than an attorney. You may be able to apply for a diversionary program if this is your first offense. I recommend that you consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to help you through the process.

This communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship
  2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

1

Answered . If you want to unburden your soul see a priest or a rabbi. Don't do it on a public site such as this. That being said, if this is your first offende you may be eligible for a diversionary program which, if successfully completed, will leave you with no record. If you can't afford private counsel apply for public defender services. If your case is pending in Derby, the public defenders there are quite good.

3. Max L Rosenberg

Pro

Answered . I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York with my offices located in Stratford approximately ten minutes away from the Derby Court. You will almost definitely qualify for accelerated rehabilitation which will take care of all of your concerns. I would imagine this matter can be handled with about two court appearances and need not be too expensive in legal fees. Please feel free to contact us for more information or assistance.